Dual enrollment

The following applies to WSU students who are eligible for VA Educational Benefits, and who plan to attend a second institution as a guest student.

Generally, a student may be paid VA Educational Benefits while attending one institution only; the exception to this rule occurs when the student enrolls at a second institution as a guest. To continue receiving VA Educational Benefits, credits earned at the second institution must be applicable to the degree program of the primary school (the institution which will eventually grant the degree).

The primary institution (WSU) must verify to the Department of Veterans Affairs, via the Col Gadson Office of Military & Veterans Academic Excellence (Gadson OMVAE), that the credits will be fully accepted from the guest institution and applied toward the student's degree.

Note: Please be aware of the residency requirements for your program before filling out the following information.

To student:

  1. You must be a fully matriculated WSU student.
  2. Request a Parent Letter. You must make an appointment with the Gadson OMVAE advisor through STARS. The OMVAE will generate a Parent Letter upon your request so that you can submit it to the VA School Certifying Official at the Guest institution.
  3. You must notify the VA School Certifying Official of the Guest Institution of your intention to be certified.