Latest update for Gadson OMVAE students

What services and/or resources are available?

Advising is available in-person, via phone, Teams or ZOOM, and can be scheduled on STARS. Be sure to specify which form of communication you would prefer when making your appointment.

What services and/or resources have resumed?

The Student Veteran Resource Center is open daily, M-F, 8:30-5.   

Whom do I contact with questions or issues?

For academic advising, contact Denise Thomas (

For benefit issues, contact Jaime Lopez (

For Vet Success Services (VSS), contact Bill Keilman (

For military tuition assistance and other general issues, contact Matthew McLain (

Where can I get more information about COVID-19 and its impact on WSU?

How can I get technical assistance?

Who do I contact about Canvas issues?

  • Utilize the Student Training Course within Canvas or
  • Contact the C&IT Helpdesk at 313-577-4357 or

Using your VA benefits at Wayne State

1.Meet with your Academic Advisor

  • Get a signed Plan of Work
  • Get registered for classes

2.Provide the VA School Certifying Official

  • A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (all others)
  • VA FM 28-1905 (Voc Rehab)

3.Complete online forms

  • Veterans Admissions Agreements
  • VA Certification Request

Use your benefits now

Ryan Sieja, USMC

For those of us who have served in the military, life experiences in teamwork, camaraderie and the pursuit of excellence have been established and are mutually shared. I, along with numerous other veterans, have found the opportunity to continue to serve while using these qualities toward our shared mission of academic success at Wayne State University.

— Ryan Sieja, USMC